10 June 2008

Introduction

THE PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG
is to escape the clutches of music critics in today's normal world. Don't get me wrong, while I have respect for those at Rolling Stone and Q (but I don't count NME), I think we all need to go out and voice our opinions on music, and since most of the critics tend to agree with each other, it's always nice to hear something positive - or negative - about music you love - or hate - from someone who is, more or less, very similar to yourself.

Keep in mind before you go on, we will not agree about everything. Hell, I'll admit right now that I'll even be incorrect in some of the things I say. You'll find things you'll like and you'll find things you'll hate. Bare in mind, I don't care at all. I don't do this for you, I do it for me.

Reviews will be posted one by one and in no particular order. I'll be reviewing albums from this year (2008) and only this year. That is, of course, until 2009 rolls around... assuming I'm still blogging. If you have any suggestions or requests of albums you'd like me to review, feel free to let me know. Mind you, it's near impossible to keep up with all the music that comes out. To find the time to listen to it (more than once to get a good feel for it), think about it, and finally write a review about it is not easy, especially considering I'm a college student with other obligations. I'll do my best.

Note that I in no way am claiming that I know anything about music. These are purely my opinions. However, I'm not an idiot.

Enjoy,

Stephen

No comments: